How to add TA indicators to Desktop charts
This guide demonstrates how to enhance your Desktop charts with indicators and overlays.
Example of a BTCUSD tracking board with analysis tools applied to each chart.
- 1.Open a new board, or add a Candle module to an existing board.
- 2.Click on the Candle module, selecting it.
- 3.Open the Analysis menu. See the list below for different methods.
- 4.Select an analysis tool to apply to your Candle module.
Repeat step 4 to continue adding indicators and overlays to the Candle module.
Each of these methods opens the Analysis menu:
- Click the Technical Analysis menu button (the leftmost icon on the top bar of the module).
- Click “Analysis” from the Edit Module menu after selecting a market.
- Click the Settings button in the top right, then select Analysis (in the menu, below the module type).
Using the “Indicators/Overlays…” field will add TA tools directly to the price chart. An alternative way to add an overlay is to click the + icon in the “Candle” row, listed under “Fields”.
Clicking the + icon in another indicator/overlay’s row under “Fields” will add a new overlay to the indicator or overlay itself (eg. Overlaying SMA lines on the Volume indicator).