Applying analysis tools
Learn how to add, remove, and customize overlays and indicators on your Cryptowatch charts using the Analysis menu.
Cryptowatch offers a variety of popular technical overlays and indicators. Each can be enabled or disabled on any price chart via the Analysis menu.
- Overlays are a type of technical indicator that appear on the price chart directly.
- Indicators are similar to overlays, but they appear below the chart in their own respective panels.
- Analysis tools (and their settings) applied on a market are saved in your account settings and will sync across all of your devices.
- Disabling an analysis tool will reset any configured inputs and styles.
- The vertical size of an indicator's panel can be adjusted by clicking the top border of the panel and dragging up or down.
- Depending on your computer’s resolution, you can only enable a certain amount of indicators.
- Since overlays appear directly on the chart, there are no limitations on how many overlays you can have — go nuts!
You can add an analysis tool to your chart by clicking it in the analysis tool list. When you do, the selected tool is added to the left-hand side of the menu under the SELECTED section.
To remove analysis tools, click the
Xnext to the tool's name in the Analysis menu.
To quickly remove an indicator, you can also click the
Xin the top-right of the indicator below the chart.
You can add multiple indicators of the same kind (eg. two RSI or Volume indicators) to your Charts. To add an additional indicator, click the
+button next to the indicator in the Analysis menu.
Each individual analysis tool is labeled by type and categorized. To filter the overlays and indicators, click the filter icon, found in the top left corner of the panel.
Analysis tools can also be sorted further by relevance or alphabetically (A-Z and Z-A). You may also search for specific overlays and indicators by using the top input field.
On the right side of the menu you will see an information panel for the selected tool. There are three tabs in the info panel:
While each analysis tool has its own set of parameters (and default settings), the Inputs tab lets you customize these inputs and parameters.
Clicking the Default button under the Inputs tab reverts these parameters to their default setting.
The Style tab provides further customization options to the selected analysis tool.
To enable/disable a specific parameter, click the checkmark next to it. Using the above image as an example, it would be a specific MA (moving average).
To change the color of the parameter, click the colored box. A small panel will open with color changing tools. If you know the hexadecimal code for your color you can input it in the bar above the color wheel.
When updating the color, the following buttons are available:
- Reset: resets color to the default setting
- Cancel: cancels any changes and returns to the Style tab.
- Apply: saves any changes and returns to the Style tab.
Clicking the Default button under the Style tab only reverts these colors to their default setting.
Traders can customize the line styles of analysis tools and indicators on the Charts page. To adjust line styles:
- Open the Analysis menu
- Select an analysis tool to customize
- Flip to the Style tab
- Click the “line” box next to the color options
There are 25 options for line styles: 5 graphic styles (eg. dotted lines) and 5 line thickness options for each.
Adjust custom line styles in the Style Tab of any indicator.
The Info tab provides a brief description for the specific analysis tool, as well as an image of what it looks like.
To learn how the analysis tool is calculated, click the Calculation button and the (often scary looking) calculation will appear.
If you click More info, you’ll be redirected to an external website that will describe that analysis tool in significantly more detail.